Tuesday, March 18, 2025

Poem for Tuesday and Brant Geese

Ode to the Goose 
By Luo Binwang 
Translated by Mark Alexander 

Goose, goose, goose, 
You bend your neck towards the sky and sing. 
Your white feathers float on the emerald water, 
Your red feet push the clear waves. 

-------- 

Tuesday was warmer than predicted. I had chores to do in the morning, despite cats who wanted to sit in the laundry basket and on the bed which made some of them difficult, but we took an early walk so I wouldn't be late to my DS9 group and saw both pairs of eagles, plus a pair of wigeons hanging out with the mallards and big crowd of cormorants. The aforementioned DS9 group watched "A Man Alone"; only three of us were there to watch, but there are no Odo episodes early on that I don't love. 

Then we had Mediterranean fake beef with chickpeas and rice for dinner before Cheryl, Paul, and I watched Daredevil: Born Again, in which Fisk is more evil than in previous shows and the scene between [potential spoiler] and Matt about why the latter quit being a vigilante is really moving. Now we're watching more House (conversion therapy gay guy, amnesia running woman). From Edmonds last weekend, brant geese in Puget Sound before they migrate back north for the summer:

2025-03-15 15.14.03

2025-03-15 15.15.08

2025-03-15 15.15.36

2025-03-15 15.36.55

2025-03-15 15.14.56

2025-03-15 15.13.25

2025-03-15 15.28.07

No comments: