Monday, March 15, 2004

Poem for Monday


Phoenix
By D.H. Lawrence


Are you willing to be sponged out,
erased, cancelled,
made nothing?
Are you willing to be made nothing?
dipped into oblivion?

If not, you will never really change.

The phoenix renews her youth
only when she is burnt,
burnt alive, burnt down
to hot and flocculent ash.
Then the small stirring of a new small bub in the nest
with strands of down like floating ash
shows that she is renewing her youth like the eagle,
immortal bird.

--------


Five children in one house makes for a very, very loud situation. And of course my mother had to invite her friends and their six-month-old grandson over too, because having a child who's too young to get out of the way makes things so much simpler. My father (who has diverticulitis, and has been miserable, and would probably have hidden in his room if he could have) put on the NCAA selection program and I tried to watch it while eating and supervising various children, but other than figuring out that Maryland, UConn and DePaul are all in the same quarter of the tournament with Stanford, I'm not quite sure who else is where. At least most of my friends will be rooting for someone other than the top seed there. It's Penn's women, not the men, who are at the dance so Puck Frinceton indeed.

My editor is BACK. *does happy dance* Now, if only he STAYS back, maybe I can actually get some writing done! Have put aside half-sketched fic because someone else is writing something very similar, though am contemplating switching it to another fandom entirely because I utterly love one line. But my favorite crossover joke gets lost if I do that.

GIP that I have meant to make for ages. I think I posted a link to the artwork more than a year ago and now I can't find the artist's name anywhere! *sobs* Will keep looking. ETA: "The Sun Sets Sail" by Rob Gonsalves.



Gacked, like so many good things, from , who is either my sister or my wife!

My very British name is Chelsea Chamberlain.
Take The Very British Name Generator today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Name Generator.

My crappy little elf name is Shetland Horsebeard.
What's yours?
Powered by Rum and Monkey.

No comments: