Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Poem for Tuesday


Smudged Glass
by Michael "Coyote" Schroll


Almost thought I saw unreal,
A moon so bright and clear.
Was in the East and hung so low,
It seemed so very near.

I think on back long years ago,
When you and I were new.
Lookin' through a nose smudged glass,
A moon just seen by two.

That night was calm as I recal,
Was tender and so slow.
The candles burned and music flowed,
Our love we came to know.

I miss the look, deep in your eyes,
That smile you always had.
Not much in this old cowboys life,
Has turned so very bad.

It's missin' now, that naked truth,
We had it once upon.
The moon we saw and wondered at,
Has darkened, and it's gone.

--------


From The Cowboy Poetry Archives. I had a dream about being at Yellowstone and woke up nostalgic.


Emerald Pool, Yellowstone National Park.


Castle Geyser erupting.


The lake from the lodge where we stayed.


Firehole Falls.


Morning Glory pool, with trees reflected.


Yellowstone Falls.


The bear in the campground parking lot who made lodge dining a necessity.


Am having impromptu lunch with (a.k.a. my beloved husband) and so must go shower and get my life in order!

No comments: