Saturday, August 27, 2016

Poem for Saturday, The Gift, Seaside Country Store

Incised Moon
By Rachel Barenblat

Once I would have woken at three
to see our planet's shadow
carving a black crescent.

To watch her face disappear
only to return, round and red
as though hiding aroused her.

But after the year
of night wakings,
breasts full as the moon

I don't want to see
the numbers on the digital clock
creeping unavoidably toward day.

I hear she was coy, anyway --
did the striptease
behind a billowing sheet of cloud.

--------

It was quite warm on Friday, which was fine because I had a lot of work to get done at home. I posted a review of Voyager's "The Gift", worked on an article, folded laundry, and talked tax paperwork with Madeline, who had pizza for lunch with us. Someday I'll have all my vacation laundry put away!

We had dinner plus excellent Seasons 52 desserts with my parents, watched a bit of pre-season football, then put on some more seventh season Bones (the baby in a manger episode and the extreme couponing episode). Pics from our visit to the Seaside Country Store in Fenwick Island last week:














No comments: