Friday, June 21, 2019

Poem for Friday and Gullfoss Waterfall

221B
By Vincent Starrett

Here dwell together still two men of note
Who never lived and so can never die:
How very near they seem, yet how remote
That age before the world went all awry.
But still the game's afoot for those with ears
Attuned to catch the distant view-halloo:
England is England yet, for all our fears—
Only those things the heart believes are true.

A yellow fog swirls past the window-pane
As night descends upon this fabled street:
A lonely hansom splashes through the rain,
The ghostly gas lamps fail at twenty feet.
Here, though the world explode, these two survive,
And it is always eighteen ninety-five.

--------

I had lunch plans Thursday with a bunch of friends, but one of them was sick, so we postponed till next week, which is just as well because I'm still fried from dealing with the doctor yesterday though I'm sorry my friend has a miserable summer cold. And younger son is home tomorrow night! So my day was pretty quiet apart from one Kyogre raid after a long walk in the park, where it was not too hot in the shade. I even saw a bunny.

I have downloaded the new Harry Potter game, but I doubt I'll be playing it much since you can only replenish spell energy when you're right near the game's equivalent of Pokestops. We saw most of the Nationals-Phillies game before watching Elementary, which I fear from the name of the villain is going to wrap the season and thus the series in a bad place for Sherlock! Here are some views of Iceland's gorgeous Gullfoss:

2019-05-28 15.09.35

DSCN8301

DSCN8269

DSCN8255

DSCN8298

DSCN8259

DSCN8274

2019-05-28 15.14.58

No comments: