Thursday, June 06, 2019

Poem for Thursday, Hraunfossar and Barnafoss

From Gylfaginning (The Prose Edda)
By Snorri Sturluson

Long is one night,
Long are two nights,
How can I hold out three?
Oft to me one month
Seemed less
Than this half night of love.

--------

One of these days I'll be interesting again but it won't be this week. The most exciting part of my day was a trip to CVS for mouthwash and conditioner. Tomorrow I have to go to the MVA to get my government-mandated REAL ID, where I am fearful I will be told that just because I can prove I was born here and worked here and lived here all my life, that's not good enough and I have to come back again with a signed affidavit by everyone who ever met my parents. And Friday I have to do fasting blood work.

My cat-sitter Rose visited to make sure the cats didn't miss her too much (she feeds them more than we do, so they all do, especially Cinnamon whom she hand-feeds and guards when Daisy tries to steal her food), and we showed her Iceland photos. Then we had dinner and caught up on Gentleman Jack while I tried to catch up on blog comments. Speaking of Iceland photos, these are of Hraunfossar and Barnafoss, a series of waterfalls emerging from lava rock and a big waterfall with amazing bright blue rapids:

DSCN8561

DSCN8611

DSCN8575

DSCN8572

2019-05-29 14.26.22

DSCN8596

2019-05-29 14.17.27

DSCN8609

No comments: