Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Poem for Tuesday and Summer Park

A Dream Within a Dream
By Edgar Allan Poe

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow:
You are not wrong who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand--
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep--while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

--------

Monday was uneventful -- editing, laundry, etc. I found a pair of lobster claw clasps to turn a necklace into a mask holder -- I would have done another but don't have gold-tone lobster clasps and don't want to buy 50 -- and made myself a pair of Biden-Harris earrings which no one will be close enough to see before the election but hey, I made Obama-Biden earrings then did not make Clinton-Kaine earrings and we all know how those elections turned out.

Otherwise my day involved getting bagels and trying to keep certain cats out of other cats' dishes. We took a walk in the evening after it cooled off, talked to neighborhood dogs and a couple of neighbors, then we watched Knives Out again -- you can't believe I was watching the stinkfest, even Colbert was too much in that regard, I turned him off and watched the end of Frozen 2. From Cabin John Park and between here and there on Sunday:

2020-08-23 14.52.00

2020-08-23 14.51.54

2020-08-21 18.25.59

2020-08-23 14.52.19

2020-08-23 14.56.59

2020-08-23 14.57.21

2020-08-23 15.14.38

No comments: