Sunday, August 31, 2003

Summer's End

...was always Labor Day weekend when I was growing up, though now that the kids start school the last week in August it actually seems to come sooner. I thought I was going to have to work today and actually started on Trek Nation's site columns before learning that one of my editors intended to do them, since I had to work alone for four days last week, though I would have worked this weekend because whether they know it yet or not I'm taking Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur off.

My parents ended up deciding not to come to Baltimore with us, not wanting to do so much walking, so we went to Port Discovery for a couple of hours and then to the aquarium; Port Discovery had the central climbing gym decorated for their new road trip exhibit and had revamped the ancient Egypt exhibit, and the aquarium seemed to have twice as many sharks in the big tank as the last time we were there. We had thought about walking over to the science center to see Mars in the observatory, but it was once again overcast by the time the sun was setting.


Dragons in the Waters

No comments: