Saturday, November 15, 2003

Poem for Saturday


Page 1 / Sapphire's lyre styles
By Harryette Mullen


Sapphire's lyre styles
plucked eyebrows
bow lips and legs
whose lives are lonely too

my last nerve's lucid music
sure chewed up the juicy fruit
you must don't like my peaches
there's some left on the tree

you've had my thrills
a reefer a tub of gin
don't mess with me I'm evil
I'm in your sin

clipped bird eclipsed moon
soon no memory of you
no drive or desire survives
you flutter invisible still

--------


After a very kind soul with access to DVDs released before their street date utterly distracted me last night, I am behind again -- NOT that I am complaining AT ALL. I did manage to get my laundry folded yesterday while watching Sharpe's Company with , after all; the scene where Teresa tells him about Antonia is one of my favorites in the entire series. In other important time-wasting activities I argued with HASA admins about the relative value of drabbles and realized that I would never catch up on all the fic posted in the last two weeks, so I saved it all to my hard drive.

Today we may be going to the Baltimore Zoo to see the elephants and flamingos before they ship them out, as they can no longer afford to keep them which is very sad. Or we may go to Meadowside Nature Center and do the zoo tomorrow. Depends on my older son's best friend's schedule for the weekend.

Gacked from , I answered as honestly as I could and got this, which made me grin widely though I rather think I'd have had a cute bard with a beard as well:

Queen Anne

Queen Anne (1702-1714)
Last of the Stuart dynasty, youre a woman who's
far more interested in private tea parties with
your lady-friends than finding yourself a
husband. You surround yourself with strong
women, but if any tea-time muffin-buttering
ensues, you are very discreet about it. You
love the arts and writing, as shown in the
passionate letters you write to your
girlfriend, analysing every detail of your
relationship. You have never had particularly
good health, and you die quietly in bed.
Which old Queen are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: