Saturday, May 10, 2014

Poem for Saturday, Baby Bunnies, The Magnficent Ferengi

Preparations
By Rachel Barenblat

Breathe deep, from the belly,
as if for singing.
Notice your vertebrae, the curve
where spine tilts to pelvis,
and inhale everything into place.

Blanket the mind
as trees blanket grass with leaves.
Drape woven wool over
every sharp worry and task.
They'll survive a night without you.

Drizzle cornmeal on cookie sheets
like a sand painting
of the chaos in which creation begins.
Let challah dough rise and fall
like slow breathing.

Tonight the sky arches
like bent boughs roofed with cloud,
spangled with constellations.
The Breath of Life spreads peace
over creation.

--------

From The Velveteen Rabbi.

I spent most of Friday morning working on a review of Deep Space Nine's "The Magnificent Ferengi" (which, as you may have guessed, being a Ferengi episode, is not one of my favorites) and fiddling with my Stupid Music Project on Spotify. It was another gorgeous day, so I tried to get out as much as possible, and I discovered that there are four baby bunnies, not just three, in my neighbors' yard! Most of my photos were taken with my phone, so they're not great, but they are adorable:













Adam went to a lacrosse game and out to dinner with friends, something we only found out he planned to do on Thursday evening, so we went to dinner with my parents without him and discovered that my sister's husband had stopped by -- he was in the DC area on a business-and-golf trip, so we had snacks and wine together before he had to go. After dinner we came home and watched Ella Enchanted with Cheryl long-distance -- I hadn't seen it since our boys were young enough not to care that it's a princess movie!

No comments: