Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Poem for Wednesday, Season Finales, Goslings

Roar Shack
By Alice Fulton

Many see a flutterby when they look into this

omniscience I see as a skinniness too densely drawn
or a mystery unhinged by its own symmetry, a twinning
I think of as a listener that thinks along
with me, fused in a tweed, a red herringbone
weave in the dazzling darkness
and bleached afterness some see

as a necklace of brilliants curved in gift. As if!

A color visible only in ultraviolet
light or a source beyond mathematics I think
of as a second self, an underhum. Or thought. Till I saw
innocence tortured by a force
beyond kindness, an unconditional indifference

or wick for wickedness that wanted trauma dolls.

I tell this as a clock tells time but telling can't diminish it

as clocks can't dwindle time. Am I still alive?
Birds that sing behind a waterfall, horses kneeling
Christmas Eve are what others see in what I see
as us delivered up to this chill that searches me.

--------

I had a bunch of work and chores to do Tuesday morning, including laundry that isn't completely folded yet. It was over 90 degrees and I feel like I never quite woke up properly. Even the bunnies were a bit sluggish -- I only saw two of the babies and the mother rabbit didn't bother to hop away when I took her picture. After school, I went with my mother and son to pick up the latter's prom tuxedo, which he looks very nice in but I have been forbidden to share photos until prom night. Then we stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods to get a weight for him to use to build a steadicam for an English project.

We watched the season finale of Agents of SHIELD, which had some nice moments for Coulson but I am still extremely fed up with the way the women are written (Awesome Woman's biggest point of anger vis a vis Traitor Asshole is supposed to be that she SLEPT with him? Not, you know, all the PEOPLE HE KILLED?) and I have to admit that I'm looking forward to the new Peggy Carter show so much more than this one returning. Then we caught up on the Once Upon a Time season finale, which had some lovely moments (Back to the Future and Star Wars jokes FTW). Lake Whetstone goslings and parents from Saturday:














No comments: