Thursday, January 05, 2017

Poem for Thursday and Lewis Ginter Lights

The New Dog
By Linda Pastan

Into the gravity of my life,
the serious ceremonies
of polish and paper
and pen, has come

this manic animal
whose innocent disruptions
make nonsense
of my old simplicities-

as if I needed him
to prove again that after
all the careful planning,
anything can happen.

--------

I am pleased to announce that all my holiday packages have now been mailed, and since it isn't even Christmas yet if you're Eastern Orthodox, I am declaring that I got it all done on time! I mailed my last two holiday cards on Wednesday too -- one to my in-laws, one to a friend -- in both cases I have been in the presence of their intended recipients twice since I put the cards in envelopes, but forgot to give them the cards while we were together.

Otherwise, it was not a memorable day. Paul and I did a couple of chores besides the post office, Maddy and I ran out to the food store before dinner because we were out of Parmesan and it was national spaghetti day, we watched the return of Blindspot (WAY too violent) and two Nova episodes about death (not the best for my mood). But I did take a long walk and my Pokemon Go Plus works! From Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens last month:














No comments: