Thursday, January 19, 2017

Poem for Thursday and Robots

i dont like it, he said
By Google's AI

i dont like it, he said.
i waited for what had happened.
it was almost thirty years ago.
it was over thirty years ago.
that was six years ago.
he had died two years ago.
ten, thirty years ago. -- "it's all right here.
"everything is all right here.
"it's all right here.
it's all right here.
we are all right here.
come here in five minutes.
"but you need to talk to me now.

--------

I was somewhat disorganized on Wednesday. I realized that when I switched computers, I left a bunch of my fonts behind, so I went looking for those and loaded them onto the new computer, which took a lot of the morning. Since it was gorgeous out, I went for a walk, and since Maddy didn't have work, we hung out while she baked cookies. I also planned a good thing, but since it's entirely possible that the world will end shortly after Friday, I'm trying not to look too far into the future.

I thought we were having dinner with Angela and Karen and their SOs, but it turned out I had the wrong day! So we had a nice ride to Kentlands and back, and we'll try that again tomorrow. Blindspot was meh, the second episode of The Young Pope was even weirder than the first but really well acted. Here are some of the robots from the Franklin Institute exhibit, including drones, a poker dealer, Penn's all-terrain rover, an M&M sorter, and a happy seal:
















No comments: