Monday, April 15, 2019

Greetings from Brookside Gardens

I have jury duty on Monday, so I may be rather scarce for a day or several depending on whether they put me on a trial and how long it lasts. So that kind of put a damper on my Sunday more than the forecast rain because of the odds that I'd have to get up early the next morning (and I will, since my number's in the "appear at court" range), though the rain didn't arrive till tonight along with a tornado watch.

Since the weather cooperated, we made a couple of shopping stops, then went to Brookside Gardens, where the spring tulip show is in full bloom and there are still hundreds of daffodils and many redbuds, lenten roses, hyacinths, and the earliest azaleas. We also saw dozens of turtles, both friendly sliders and less friendly snappers, plus a couple of frogs, many songbirds, and (warning in photos below) several snakes.

We picked up veggie burgers at MOM's on the way home, which we had for dinner. Then we had our annual Easter week viewing of Jesus Christ Superstar, which is always awesome and revelatory, followed by the first episode of Les Miserables on PBS (weird opening but great actors) and this week's Madam Secretary (Republicans who are a bigger fantasy than the aliens on The Orville). Now I must sleep!

DSCN6491

DSCN6551

DSCN6464

DSCN6564

DSCN6475

DSCN6538

2019-04-14 15.00.57

2019-04-14 15.36.38

No comments: