Thursday, April 11, 2019

Poem for Thursday and Kidwell Farm Animals

The Farmer and the Queen
By Shel Silverstein

"She's coming," the farmer said to the owl.
"Oh, what shall I, what shall I do?
Shall I bow when she comes?
Shall I twiddle my thumbs?"
The owl asked, "Who?"

"The Queen, the Queen, the royal Queen—
She'll pass the farm today.
Shall I salute?" he asked the horse.
The horse said, "Nay."

"Shall I give her a gift?" he asked the wren.
"A lovely memento for her to keep?
An egg or a peach or an ear of corn?"
The wren said, "Cheap."

"But should I curtsy or should I cheer?
Oh, here's her carriage now.
What should I do?" he asked the dog.
The dog said, "Bow."

And so he did, and so she passed,
Oh, tra lala lala,
"She smiled, she did!" he told the sheep.
The sheep said, "Bah."

--------

Wednesday started as a work and chore day, but at lunchtime there was another Legendary Lunch Hour with five-star raids from 12-1, so I met friends in Cabin John Park and did several of those, then stopped for bagels. The rest of my afternoon was more work and laundry, but Paul stopped at Burger King because it was right next to the eye doctor and got me a veggie burger Happy Meal for dinner with a Detective Pikachu Mewtwo action figure!

We watched the first three episodes of the second season of The Tick, which was great except I miss Batmanuel and Captain Liberty, then we watched this week's episode of What We Do In the Shadows, which was awesome because werewolves and appropriate Twilight-mocking without bashing! From Kidwell Farm at Frying Pan Farm Park (which is named for the shape of the park, since people always freak out and ask), some of the lambs, piglets, fowl, and more:

DSCN6083

DSCN6056

2019-04-07 16.01.39

2019-04-07 16.04.11

DSCN6033

DSCN6081

DSCN6063

DSCN6094

No comments: