Friday, April 05, 2019

Poem for Friday and National Cathedral Gardens

The Home I Love
By Kay Hoffman

Some homes are quiet, polished, neat
But one I know is far more sweet
Where tiny smudges on the wall
Tell of fingers dear and small.
Where toys are sometimes strewn about
And doors are banging in and out.
Where little children play and sing,
And laughter's often heard to ring...
The home I love is filled with noise
Of happy little girls and boys!

--------

Alice came to visit on Thursday morning and we had a fun time together -- we had eggs benedict at the Silver Diner, then visited Trader Joe's, World Market, and A.C. Moore, where I bought cheese, tea, and a couple of home decor items that wound up complicating my afternoon immensely, as I tried to hang the tiny shelves I bought at Five Below and made the important discovery that cute $5 shelves are not worth the cost in aggravation of cheap hanging hardware and you should spring for cute $10 shelves elsewhere!

Paul and I watched the two-part return of Cloak and Dagger after dinner, which I am happy to have back though so far this season seems a lot less focused than last season, when finding out the truth about Roxxon and untangling Tandy and Tyrone's families and connection was at the center of the story from the beginning. I am told by press releases that I should be excited about Mayhem, but I want Brigid not to turn evil! Here are some of the spectacular flowers from National Cathedral's gardens last weekend:

DSCN5768

DSCN5783

2019-03-31 14.51.43

DSCN5739

2019-03-31 14.51.55

2019-03-31 14.53.52

DSCN5726

DSCN5748

No comments: