Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Poem for Wednesday and Meadowlark Botanical Gardens

Yoshino Mountain
By Yosa Buson
Translated by David G. Lanoue

Drinking up the clouds
it spews out cherry blossoms –
Yoshino Mountain.

Wind blows
they scatter and it dies
fallen petals

Petals falling
unable to resist
the moonlight

Sakura, sakura
they fall in the dreams
of sleeping beauty

--------

I had no vehicle for most of the day, so my Tuesday was not exciting. I spent the morning doing thrilling things like editing a review and shifting the clothes in my closet so I can get to the spring/summer stuff and leave the fall/winter stuff in the back, though I also tracked down the Avengers clips from Kimmel late Monday while I was stuck watching basketball overtime.

When Paul got home from work, we went to retrieve the van, which ended up not costing anything because of the recall on the spare part. We had leftover Asian food for dinner and watched the first episode of Fosse/Verdon, which is very well done but thus far more about him than her. From Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, some of the garden animals and spring sights:

DSCN6263

DSCN6269

DSCN6224

DSCN6177

DSCN6114

DSCN6258

DSCN6189

DSCN6256

No comments: