Sunday, March 21, 2021

Greetings from Herndon

The external portion of my day was quite nice. We went to Frying Pan Farm Park, which we knew had lambs -- some tiny ones still in the barn with their mom, and some bigger ones out in the field -- but it turned out that piglets were born since they last updated their web site, so we got to see lots of baby animals as well as goats, cows, horses, bunnies, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and peacocks. Then we stopped at nearby Herndon Monroe Wetlands Preserve, which has dozens of turtles, some geese, ducks, and hawks, and we could hear though not see frogs. 

DSCN5869

DSCN5884

DSCN5978 

The rest of my day, you probably already read about on my Facebook or Twitter and involved thinking I had a vaccine appointment at a Walgreens in Baltimore tomorrow which the Walgreens in Baltimore claims is not a real appointment even though the national web site and national customer service line insist that it is. So I am deeply disappointed and exhausted and I don't really need to explain more, do I?

No comments: