Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Poem for Wednesday and My Daffodils

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
By William Wordsworth

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

-------- 

It was a lovely spring Tuesday, 65 degrees, flowers everywhere. I spent the morning doing something ridiculous (fine, I found out that Tarot.com was about to erase all free readings and though I haven't played with the site since around 2009, I wanted to save all the pretty images using different virtual decks, so I had to make PDFs), then I scanned some more old documents, including -- okay, this is even more ridiculous -- our wedding registry and the blood tests proving we did not have syphilis before we got married. 

We watched some women's basketball, though Maryland doesn't play again till tomorrow; the Big 10 ladies are representing better than the gentlemen. I watched Voyager's "Cold Fire" with my usual Tuesday night group -- not a great episode but it does have the moment when Beltran, excuse me, Chakotay is checking out Mulgrew's, excuse me, Janeway's butt on the bridge. Then we watched Superman & Lois, which had a better balance this week of domestic drama versus super-powered stuff, and we caught up on Debris. These are in my front yard:

DSCN6035

2021-03-17 18.21.39

2021-03-19 18.51.18

2021-03-21 19.37.01

2021-03-22 14.53.20

2021-03-22 18.41.39

No comments: