Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Poem for Wednesday and Red-Headed Woodpecker

The Woodpecker
By Emily Dickinson

His bill an auger is,
His head, a cap and frill.
He laboreth at every tree, —
A worm his utmost goal.

-------- 

Tuesday was not as cold as originally forecast and I had an okay though fairly quiet day after sleeping terribly because my back is acting up again (and if I need PT during this year of hell, I don't know what I'll do). It always feels better when I'm standing when my back misbehaves, so I folded laundry and organized some shelves and tomorrow I'm going to try vacuuming and see how that works. 

The neighborhood squirrels were very active this afternoon and we saw seven deer when we walked in the evening. I watched Voyager with my friends (the very forgettable "Parturition" apart from a couple of lovely Janeway/Chakotay moments), the Superman and Lois (I like the actors but every word of the dialogue is predictable). Here's the red-headed woodpecker we saw at Locust Grove on Saturday: 

DSCN5029A

DSCN5012A

DSCN5036A

DSCN5025

DSCN4996

DSCN5033

DSCN5038A

No comments: