Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Poem for Wednesday and Brookside Animals

The Fish
By William Butler Yeats


Although you hide in the ebb and flow
Of the pale tide when the moon has set,
The people of coming days will know
About the casting out of my net,
And how you have leaped times out of mind
Over the little silver cords,
And think that you were hard and unkind,
And blame you with many bitter words.

-------- 

Tuesday was another cool, gorgeous early spring day with lots of daffodils blooming and the tulip leaves starting to emerge. I didn't get a huge amount done, but I took two walks, which always makes me feel better about things, and I watched squirrels on the deck stealing buds off the trees to eat. I also did a couple of Pokemon raids and caught lots of Voltorbs during the evening spotlight hour. 

My Tuesday Voyager-watching group is meeting on Thursday this week, so I got to watch The Flash when it aired (the mirrorverse storyline could not have ended soon enough) and Superman & Lois (rooting for Lana to be the evil mastermind), then the first season finale of Doom Patrol (better than most current DC shows). Here are some of the animals we saw at Brookside Gardens last weekend: 

DSCN5533

DSCN5524

DSCN5559

DSCN5444

DSCN5448

DSCN5460

DSCN5557

No comments: