Friday, February 14, 2025

Greetings from the MCU

Happy Valentine's Day! I'll be brief, since we walked on the Sammamish River trail and went to Yummy Pho for dinner (and got a Kraken tentacle and One Ring dice) and are now watching The Incredible Hulk, which I wish someone had suggested I rewatch before seeing Captain America: Brave New World as we did earlier in the evening. I am advised by people who care what professional reviewers think that it is not getting good reviews, but as a professional reviewer, I do not care. I found it very enjoyable, well-paced, decently acted, not too much mindless action. 

And I love Ruth Bat-Seraph. In a franchise without mutants, where the current heroes aren't super-powered and in fact that's a plot point for the current Captain America, it's fine with me that she's a non-enhanced Israeli-born Jewish former Black Widow. I know people who are angry she isn't more obviously Jewish, but considering that there are antisemites up and down the internet calling for a boycott simply because the actress and her character exist, I'm delighted to have her Israeli background acknowledged. The card Paul made me and some photos from my day:

Valentine 2025

2025-02-14 15.04.20

2025-02-14 15.32.05

2025-02-14 15.32.54

2025-02-14 15.33.45

2025-02-14 18.38.29

2025-02-14 22.34.12

No comments: