Wednesday, February 26, 2025

Poem for Wednesday and Pike Place Market

I Have Always Known 
By Ariwara no Narihira 
Translated by Kenneth Rexroth 

I have always known 
that at last I would 
take this road, but yesterday 
I did not know that it would be today. 

-------- 

Someone set this poem into a stone in the concrete at First and Pike Streets in Pike Place Market.

Wednesday was a beautiful day with periods of sunshine, nearly 60 degrees. I chatted with all three of my high school friends in the morning, did a bit of work around lunch, and watched a couple of episodes of She-Hulk with Kristen in the afternoon before we walked to the sunny park full of happy waterfowl. 

Paul made Greek chick'n and potatoes for dinner. I was sad about Michelle Trachtenberg, so we watched Ice Princess, which I always enjoy. Now we're watching the House episode with Jeremy Renner as a musician. Here are some more photos from Pike Place Market last weekend, the food stalls and the crafts:

2025-02-22 15.37.30

2025-02-22 15.39.04

2025-02-22 15.37.40

2025-02-22 15.16.10

2025-02-22 15.28.35

2025-02-22 15.34.21

2025-02-22 15.18.00

No comments: