By Linda Gregg
I would like to decorate this silence,
but my house grows only cleaner
and more plain. The glass chimes I hung
over the register ring a little
when the heat goes on.
I waited too long to drink my tea.
It was not hot. It was only warm.
--------
We had snow on and off again all day on Monday, even falling now, though it only just hit freezing so almost nothing is sticking yet. I had a pretty quiet morning doing laundry and chores, then we took a walk in the afternoon between snow squalls -- well, we got snowed on a bit, like the two pairs of eagles, but it wasn't as cold as yesterday.
Paradise drops at midnight Eastern time Tuesdays, so we could watch it at 9 p.m., and it remains completely engrossing if a mite predictable as a procedural. We also watched a couple of episodes of first season House, which is a bit dated in language and attitudes about AIDS but the characters are so well written. PNW Witches' Market shop stalls:







No comments:
Post a Comment