By Joy Ladin
They’re reading Tarot cards right now,
in the little pink house with the sign in the yard.
Shadows spider across still-green lawn
whose fate, so far, defies the frosts.
Someone asks the right question,
draws the right card.
Many cups in the immediate future;
radiance pouring down.
They know the future,
the creatures in the yard:
night, thirst, frost.
Only the sapiens in the house believe
fire, water, air, and earth
would bother to reveal
when to fear and love.
The one who’s paying
draws another card.
Outside, in the yard,
a squirrel noses seed that fell
like radiance, from above.
--------
I had a fairly typical Wednesday, which is always enjoyable. My high school friends all made it to chat in the morning, then I had yogurt bowls with Paul for lunch, then Kristen and I watched my favorite two episodes of Agatha All Along: the one that starts with William's Bar Mitzvah and gives us Billy's history, and the one with the witch costumes, the Tarot reading, and Lilia's backstory. The Orioles lost to the Nationals again.
We watched the first two Doctor Who episodes of the season long distance with Cheryl; I liked "Lux" better than "The Robot Revolution" because it was creative visually and fun. My neighbors stopped by to see us and the cats, then we watched tonight's Masked Singer, which had nostalgic songs, and Sherlock and Daughter, in which I like Amelia better than Sherlock. From Ohio, Carlisle Reservation Nature Center birds:







No comments:
Post a Comment