Thursday, April 10, 2025

Poem for Thursday and Seattle Zoo Birds

The Scandal 

The villagers did not unite
in outrage
but instead, they set about their days as usual,
posting letters, buying fruit, forming queues in the bank after lunchtime.

They said little
but within that little lay much;
little was a gated field in which something extraordinary was buried.

They held to their inner selves
resilient
in emergencies of projected light.

And yet,
over time, there happened a slow retreat from joyousness;
a packing away of the Emperor's new clothes, for good.

Only the giant oaks
would live to remember imagination.

-------- 

My Thursday was spent getting ready for Passover week, for which we are traveling to see various relatives while our next door neighbors stay with our cats. There was laundry to be folded and packing to be accomplished, plus my Dropbox warned me that it was getting full, so I spent a bunch of time moving files to Google Drive and backup external hard drives. I did get to chat with my Thursday evening group, some of whom I'll see next week. We ate our leftover Cheesecake Factory food for dinner. 

We saw a gigantic rainbow before we watched the new episode of Ghosts, which I was happy kept Joan around, though really after all this time Sasappis and Thor should give it a whirl, considering Thor promises to be there in front, in back, over and under him to protect him, heh. We also watched Doctor Odyssey, which weaseled out of the pregnancy storyline as I was sure it would, and now we're watching The Wheel of Time's Battle of the Five Hours -- at least it feels that way. Birds from the Woodland Park Zoo: 

2025-04-06 13.48.54

2025-04-06 14.25.03

2025-04-06 14.14.23

2025-04-06 12.51.35

2025-04-06 11.29.53

2025-04-06 12.40.56

2025-04-06 11.36.20

No comments: