Tuesday, May 10, 2005

This Is Gratuitous Russell Crowe Squee

I'm listening to track 10 on Russell Crowe's new album, My Hand, My Heart (the one he worked on with Alan Doyle of Great Big Sea). The song is called "I Miss My Mind":

"The ship I sailed was lost in fog some distance from the coast/Of all the things I lost that year, I miss my mind the most."

I could tell you ten different ways it makes me think of Jack Aubrey, though it also makes me think of Russell (not that I really know him well enough to say so).

The music is based on Boccherini's "La Musica Notturna Delle Strade Di Madrid (No. 6, Op. 30.)" That's the last track on the Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World soundtrack -- the one Jack and Stephen are playing as the ship sails off.

OMFG I LOVE THIS MAN. The album's on iTunes. Go get it, it's worth it.

No comments: