Friday, June 03, 2005

Reproductive Choice, Again

I've unlocked that post from yesterday. If you have comments there that you don't wish people to read, please feel free to screen them or to ask me to screen them and I will be happy to do so.

Someone please explain something to me. If someone made the statement, "I don't think the law should protect a woman who murders her fetus because it's unwanted or inconvenient" -- would you interpret that to mean that she is calling a woman who has an abortion a murderer? Would you believe that the person making that statement would be justified in telling me off and posting nasty things about me for interpreting this to mean that a woman who has an abortion is a murderer? Or am I very confused about how the verb "murder" works here, and someone else entirely is the subject? Is it possible to commit murder without being a murderer?

No comments: