Thursday, April 09, 2015

Poem for Thursday and Versailles Grounds

The Land of Happy
By Shel Silverstein

Have you been to The Land of Happy,
Where everyone’s happy all day,
Where they joke and they sing
Of the happiest things,
And everything’s jolly and gay?
There's no one unhappy in Happy,
There's laughter and smiles galore.
I have been to The Land of Happy —
What a bore!

--------

So you know how I got a tetanus shot on Tuesday? I have spent Wednesday feeling like I have a moderate-to-bad case of the flu, depending on how well the aspirin is working at any given moment. They only told me my arm might be sore. I don't remember being this sick when I had a tetanus shot after my son's gerbil bit me. This sucks.

I pretty much accomplished nothing apart from working on a silly project, watching the premiere of Wolf Hall which I was probably too drained to fully appreciate, and catching up on Nashville. Here are some more photos from my favorite parts of Versailles -- the magnificent grounds and the Petit Trianon, Marie Antoinette's haven:
















No comments: