Saturday, April 01, 2017

Poem for Saturday and Mom's Party

April Fool
By Myra Cohn Livingston

The maple syrup's full of ants.
A mouse is creeping on the shelf.                  
Is that a spider on your back?
I ate a whole pie by myself.

The kitchen sink just overflowed.
A flash flood washed away the school.
I threw your blanket in the trash.
I never lie -- I -- APRIL FOOL!

--------

My mother's best friends of many years threw her a birthday party at La Ferme on Friday at lunchtime and Nicole flew in for the occasion! So I spent most of the day with family, including Maddy who had assorted paperwork hiccups with her college classes and work-related stress. After we dropped her off, we had dinner with my parents and sister, caught up on Designated Survivor, and now we're celebrating the fantastic end of the UConn-Mississippi State game!










No comments: