Saturday, July 29, 2017

Poem for Saturday and Brookside Butterflies

More Strong Than Time
By Victor Hugo

Since I have set my lips to your full cup, my sweet,
Since I my pallid face between your hands have laid,
Since I have known your soul, and all the bloom of it,
And all the perfume rare, now buried in the shade;

Since it was given to me to hear on happy while,
The words wherein your heart spoke all its mysteries,
Since I have seen you weep, and since I have seen you smile,
Your lips upon my lips, and your eyes upon my eyes;

Since I have known above my forehead glance and gleam,
A ray, a single ray, of your star, veiled always,
Since I have felt the fall, upon my lifetime's stream,
Of one rose petal plucked from the roses of your days;

I now am bold to say to the swift changing hours,
Pass, pass upon your way, for I grow never old,
Fleet to the dark abysm with all your fading flowers,
One rose that none may pluck, within my heart I hold.

Your flying wings may smite, but they can never spill
The cup fulfilled of love, from which my lips are wet;
My heart has far more fire than you can frost to chill,
My soul more love than you can make my soul forget.

--------

Alice and Avery had an appointment early in Bethesda, so after getting her Starbucks, they came over here and we tried yet again to find Avery an Articuno or at least a Tyranitar. Sadly, there were no Articuno raids close enough to both my house and a place to stand undercover in the pouring rain where people were gathering, and while we got some people to meet us for a Tyranitar raid at a church, five of us could not defeat it. Even so, I had a good time with him and Alice, especially when we stopped at the mall for froyo.

After Alice left, I did chores and discovered the Les Miserables channel on Discord, which I can tell will be a wonderful time sink. Adam came home from work and went straight to an all-night 21st birthday party, while Paul and I went to have Thai food at my parents' house. Then we came home and watched the Orioles play a terrible game against the Rangers, followed by Colbert's half-unaired material, half-rerun Friday format episode. Here are some of the butterflies at Brookside's Wings of Fancy exhibit earlier in the year:

17bkbt16

17bkbt23

17bkbt19

17bkbt17

17bkbt18

17bkbt24

17bkbt22

No comments: