Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Poem for Tuesday and Morro Bay

What Watches Over You
By Lorna Crozier

Sea lions gather above you,
as nosy and dispassionate as angels
who catch sight of your tasks
small and far below
before they soar to a place more troubling
than where you are, at least for now.

Underwater, angels don’t need feathers;
they don’t need choirs or saints.
The sea lions, too, get by without them.

Ocean-thick, minus legs and wings
they dive, climb and wheel around you
as if, indeed, they are your keepers
so close their whiskers graze your face.

--------

I had lots of things to get done on Monday and instead spent most of the day bogged down in bureaucracy that required a lot of phone calls. Some of them were enjoyable (to my niece for instance) and some just frustrating. But I only got 1/3 of the laundry done and none of the online files posted that I need to catch up on, and I didn't even manage to solo a Machamp raid in my neighborhood.

I had my leftover pancakes from Richmond for lunch and frozen veggie riblets for dinner, after which we watched two more episodes of The Last Tycoon, which remains heavy-handed in certain storylines but is pretty effective in others, fair to its women characters so far, and extremely well acted. Here are some of the sea lions, otters, and other animals in Morro Bay near San Luis Obispo:

17moro7

17moro13

17moro9

17moro12

17moro6

17moro8

17moro10

17moro11

No comments: