Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Poem for Wednesday and Harry Potter Potions

plant Magic dust
By e.e. cummings

plant Magic dust

    expect hope doubt
        (wonder mistrust)
            despair

                and right
            where soulless our
        (with all their minds)
    eyes blindly stare

life herSelf stands

--------

Apart from a walk and two lunchtime Pokemon raids at Cabin John Park (one successful, one not, both with friends so it's all good), my Tuesday was uneventful besides screaming at the news. I worked on holiday cards, I did some writing, I did some housework, I did some laundry. I screamed some more at the news.

We watched the winter finale of The Flash -- I'm really sick of the DeVoe thing, and Iris's Being Married being treated as a story arc -- then we caught up on Supergirl which I didn't love either (also too soapy, I like Samantha's story but Kara, Lena, and Jimmy should all just move in together).

Here are some photos from the Delaware Museum of Natural History's exhibit The Wands and Potions of Harry Potter, created to showcase Delaware State University's herbarium collection by comparing traditional and magical uses of the wood and plant materials in handmade wands and bottles of ingredients.

17dlsc14

17dlsc13

17dlsc12

17dlsc17

17dlsc18

17dlsc15

17dlsc16

17dlsc11

No comments: