Friday, January 26, 2018

Poem for Friday and Kiparoo Farm

A Sheep is Asleep On My Sofa
By Kenn Nesbitt

A sheep is asleep on my sofa.
A sheep is asleep on my floor.
A sheep is asleep in the closet,
and seems to be starting to snore.

A sheep is asleep on my dresser.
A sheep is asleep on my bed.
I found when I woke up this morning,
a sheep was asleep on my head.

A few can be found in the corner.
They’re soundly asleep in a heap.
There isn’t a space in my bedroom
that isn’t all covered in sheep.

With so many sheep in my bedroom,
I’m thinking I wasn’t too bright,
and maybe I shouldn’t have asked for
a sheepover party last night.

--------

I dropped Maddy off at work and did a bunch of shopping on Thursday, some fun (Pier 1 for candleholders, Crabtree & Evelyn for 70% off holiday pomegranate lotion), some less so (Giant for tub cleaner). And I met friends in the mall for coffee. That was most of the excitement of the day, apart from seeing two bunnies out enjoying the neighbors' yard.

We watched some Bones -- we just saw the one with the US Senator who refused to toe the party line so his body was ground up by a street sweeper -- and a bit of the Four Continents skating championships (the Japanese guy currently in first should play the title character in the live-action Yuri on Ice). From Kiparoo Farm during Frederick's museum tour:

17frdr11

17frdr10

17frdr12

17frdr7

17frdr14

17frdr13

17frdr9

17frdr8

No comments: