Saturday, February 03, 2018

Poem for Saturday and Pismo Beach Souvenirs

A Dialogue of Yous
By Rodger Kamenetz

--for Interdependence Day

To inspire you is to spiral into. No it is not, it is to breathe into. You may breathe all you want but I am watching a galaxy spiral. You can't see that, the sun is out, besides the time scale forbids, you are inventing yourself again. I am inventing myself, a long spiral from a single point called Wisdom. Whatever that point is called, you cannot possibly escape the simple meaning of words: they are stones against your bare feet. I am a pilgrim, stubbing my toes all the way to the glowing shrine and breathing galaxies--my arms spread wide like the magical arms of stars. Your arms are in pain, like your toes. You always tell me "breathe into the pain," but the only thing I can do with pain is spiral in to a burning dot of wisdom.

--------

The groundhog saw his shadow, which does not bother me in terms of whether it'll be cold but I really want the light to return and am very glad we're more than halfway to the equinox. My day was not terribly eventful -- I did a bunch of work, I hung out with Maddy who got me playing FriendO, I took a walk in the very chilly park.

We had dinner with my parents, then came home for Blindspot, which is really engrossing this season -- they finally have Kurt and Jane right and Roman has so much more range -- and Agents of SHIELD, which gets some things so right and makes some things so silly, though also better than last season. Leftover shopping in Pismo Beach:

17psmo19

17psmo20a

17psmo29

17psmo26

17psmo25

17psmo32

17psmo27a

No comments: