Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Poem for Tuesday, Iron Man, Longwood Winter Blues

Paris and Helen
By Judy Grahn

He called her:  golden dawn
She called him:  the wind whistles

He called her:  heart of the sky
She called him:  message bringer

He called her:  mother of pearl
           barley woman, rice provider,
           millet basket, corn maid,
           flax princess, all-maker, weef

She called him:  fawn, roebuck,
           stag, courage, thunderman,
           all-in-green, mountain strider
           keeper of forests, my-love-rides

He called her:  the tree is
She called him:  bird dancing

He called her:  who stands,
           has stood, will always stand
She called him:  arriver

He called her:  the heart and the womb
           are similar
She called him:  arrow in my heart.

--------

Monday was a gorgeous day, nearly 60 degrees and mostly sunny, so although I had work to do, I also went to two different parks to enjoy the weather because even though I have daffodils blooming in the front yard, we're supposed to get snow on Tuesday. I don't mind snow in the winter, but enough already, the equinox is tomorrow just after noon! I saved laundry to do when I'll be stuck in the house, since I hate driving in snow. I don't even get to have lunch with Karen.

Cheryl, Paul, and I decided we should rewatch the entire MCU leading up to Infinity War, so we started in the evening with the first Iron Man. I hated it the first time I saw it and I still dislike so much of it -- the sexual politics, the generic Afghan villains with no articulated political grievances, the glorification of firepower -- at least that's out of the way! Here are some photos from Longwood Gardens yesterday, the conservatory blooming in Winter Blues:

18lnmr4

18lnmr6

18lnmr9

18lnmr11

18lnmr8

18lnmr7

18lnmr10

18lnmr5

No comments: