Saturday, July 13, 2019

Poem for Saturday, The Aftermath, Maryland Zoo Locals

At the Zoo
By A.A. Milne

There are lions and roaring tigers,
and enormous camels and things,
There are biffalo-buffalo-bisons,
and a great big bear with wings.
There's a sort of a tiny potamus,
and a tiny nosserus too -
But I gave buns to the elephant
when I went down to the Zoo!

There are badgers and bidgers and bodgers,
and a Super-in-tendent's House,
There are masses of goats, and a Polar,
and different kinds of mouse,
And I think there's a sort of a something
which is called a wallaboo -
But I gave buns to the elephant
when I went down to the Zoo!

If you try to talk to the bison,
he never quite understands;
You can't shake hands with a mingo -
he doesn't like shaking hands.
And lions and roaring tigers
hate saying, "How do you do?" -
But I give buns to the elephant
when I go down to the Zoo!

--------

My Friday was very dull. Adam took the van so he could get things from his house in College Park after having lunch with his NASA colleagues, but he left his house key on the keychain he left me with his car keys...which did me no good because his battery was dead and his car wouldn't start. So I was in the house doing work until he got home, at which point we went to my parents' for dinner.

When we got home, we did various computer chores while watching The Aftermath, the Jason Clarke-Keira Knightley-Alexander Skarsgard post-World War II movie, which was predictable overall and plodding in places though the acting was good and there was lots of pretty nudity (and period-incorrect bras). From the Maryland Zoo last weekend, the Maryland Wilderness section's birds, bobcats, and reptiles:

2019-07-04 13.15.29

DSCN9596

DSCN9575

DSCN9554

DSCN9583

DSCN9580

DSCN9551

2019-07-04 13.09.11

No comments: