Saturday, November 22, 2025

Greetings from Camelot

I spent a lovely Saturday afternoon in Snohomish with Paul and Chris -- we went to First and Union Kitchen for brunch (I had eggs and skillet potatoes with their excellent sourdough toast), then took a walk, first by the storefronts decorated for the holidays (will post pics of them soon, explanation for the delay below), then along the river, around Pilchuck Park, and up past the co-op back to Chris's, where we hung out chatting for a while. 

But now I'm distracted because we're watching Excalibur for the first time in we can't remember how many years, and while it doesn't quite hold up for me after The Mists of Avalon, Merlin, and Spear, it's still an enjoyable take on the legend (Nigel Terry! Patrick Stewart! Helen Mirren! Liam Neeson! Ciaran Hinds! Gabriel Byrne!). Also, it was filmed at Cahir Castle, and I remembered that I never posted any photos from visiting Cahir in Ireland last fall!

2024-09-26 14.51.25

2024-09-26 14.57.22

2024-09-26 15.01.08

2024-09-26 15.25.04

2024-09-26 15.39.28

2024-09-26 15.00.19

2024-09-26 14.55.30

No comments: