We stopped at Kohl's on the way home because I had a 40% off coupon for the weekend and they had long sleeved t-shirts on sale, plus we went to Safeway for food for the week. After dinner, we finished the first season of the most recent incarnation of Maigret, which I really liked; this last episode had a weird inconsistency with the previous two-parter and a setup out of a much older story that I thought was going to irritate me, but it flipped a damsel in distress scenario on its head, which I appreciated! Now we're watching Talamasca, which continues to be sort of mediocre except when William Fichtner is onscreen, particularly when he's being a wicked homoerotic vampire; then it's huge campy fun worthy of Anne Rice.
Sunday, November 16, 2025
Greetings from Renton
We had rain again all day Sunday, but it was typical Seattle winter rain, more mist and drizzle than a hard storm, so we watched some football and did some reading in the morning, then ate lunch and went to Gene Coulon Park on Lake Washington in Renton in the afternoon. We saw a wide variety of waterfowl -- mergansers, buffleheads, ring-necked ducks, mallards, grebes, coots, gulls, Canada geese, Rouen ducks, cormorants, great blue herons, possible gadwalls, and several white-chested mallard crossbreeds -- plus smaller birds and crows as well as a big turtle that didn't seem to mind the cool weather. We also saw Pokemon Wild Area spawns and I caught some of the Mighty Pokemon released for the weekend event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment