Tuesday, November 04, 2025

Greetings for Election Night

Election Day in Seattle came with nice weather, at least until the wind and rain blew in tonight and knocked down some tree branches. I got some stuff done in the morning, then we ate lunch and went out -- to vote, to pick up prescriptions at CVS -- which had a grand opening party over the weekend and was giving away pillboxes, travel cups, various snacks, and bead sets for friendship bracelets -- and to take a walk at Marymoor since we were on that side of Redmond. For the first time in all our times going there, we were able to see Mount Rainier from the parking lot for the dog park! We came home so I could watch DS9's "The Alternate" with my Tuesday night group -- I love the Odo episodes. 

Then we ate goulash and followed the election results. I've kept my mouth shut about NYC because I don't live in NYC, but now that the election is over, I'll say that when someone claims he'll be the mayor for every Jewish New Yorker, then declares on election day that he supports BDS for NYC -- a man who has spent his political career delegitimizing, demonizing, and supporting the destruction of the state of Israel, long before the past couple of years when he insisted it was the current Israeli government and the war -- I have no doubt that he'll do everything in his power to make life miserable for Israelis and for American Jews who support their families and friends there because he says so. 

The Seattle-area races mostly went as I wanted, though we don't know all the suburban results yet (we mostly had Democrats vs Democrats and not a lot of DSA out here). The cats seem to have recovered from their ordeal yesterday though Katniss's kidney numbers are high and we have to find out whether to change their food again. We watched the Talamasca episode we missed Sunday -- it was okay, the show just isn't grabbing me the way the other Anne Rice-based shows did -- and The Morning Show, which was mostly about Jennifer Aniston and Jeremy Irons playing one parent-child and the outstanding Lindsay Duncan and Billy Crudup playing another. Some snapshots of my day minus the car wash:

2025-11-04 14.17.28

2025-11-04 14.58.20

2025-11-04 15.00.29

2025-11-04 15.29.13

2025-11-04 15.28.34

2025-11-04 18.15.48

2025-11-04 161756

No comments: