Then we came back to the hotel to change for dinner and went to my parents' where my sister's family had already arrived. I ate lots of food (butternut squash soup, cranberry phyllo appetizers, fruit and cheese shared with a demanding Pepper, t(of)urkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, carrot souffle, cranberry sauce, salad, stuffing, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie, chocolate roll, chocolate chip cookie cake, cake pops, turkey-shaped cupcakes and I'm forgetting some I'm sure) and we took our annual photos and had lots of conversation. Now I am stuffed! Hope everyone else had a very happy holiday and many things to be thankful for.
Thursday, November 27, 2025
Greetings for Thanksgiving
Quick post-Thanksgiving post after a long day that started with me waking my husband because I was yelling in my nightmare and apparently in my sleep! We got up early to grab breakfast from the hotel buffet and brought it back upstairs so we could watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with younger son (who had run 10 miles that morning) and his wife. I was happy to see the Broadway numbers, Loki on the Disney villains float, and Pikachu on some kind of Pokesled. Afterward, we went to Seneca Creek State Park to take a walk (and get Pepper a walk) in the woods and among the winter light displays, though they weren't turned on in the afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment