By David Lynch
Through the darkness of future past,
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds...
Fire walk with me.
This is the water and this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes
And dark within.
--------
We had rain forecast for Monday, but it stopped early in the morning and didn't return till after dark. I had laundry and chores to do in the morning, plus I was on the phone with my sister for an hour -- she just got back from Israel and I wanted to hear about her trip. Then we had lunch, I did some work and chatted with a friend in London, and watched woodpeckers and chickadees come peck at the seed bell we got at Wild Birds Unlimited in Issaquah yesterday.
It was a lovely afternoon to walk to the park and see how many leaves fell in last week's rain. When we came home, we had veggie apple sausages with mashed potatoes and watched Monday Night Football, then finished the second season of Twin Peaks and started Fire Walk With Me (even weirder than the show though what a great cast) before this week's Watson (shut-in syndrome terrifies me but I thought it was a good episode). The progression of autumn at Idylwood:







No comments:
Post a Comment