Saturday, January 31, 2026

Greetings from Salem

Another quick post, tonight from Salem, Oregon, where we're visiting Paul's youngest brother Jon, his wife Brooke, and their sons and dogs. Daniel, Cahaya, and their dogs are here too, having arrived in Oregon yesterday, so we spent the afternoon with three huskies and lots of snacks after a lovely drive down, past Mount St. Helens and Mount Hood, with nice views of the Columbia River and the Portland Aerial Tram plus a stop for lunch at Burger King. 

We went out to dinner with one of our nephews at a local Mexican restaurant where I ate too much, and now we're at a hotel where the only thing we could tune in on the TV that wasn't local basketball is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, which I'm sorry to report is still enjoyable despite how much I hate JKR's rhetoric and funding of a hate movement. Hey, I loved this week's pro-Zionist Starfleet Academy, so I'm probably canceled too.

2026-01-31 15.36.43

2026-01-31 15.13.15

2026-01-31 20.09.18

2026-01-31 14.13.24

2026-01-31 12.32.37

2026-01-31 13.03.24

2026-01-31 19.37.14

No comments: