Tuesday, June 02, 2026

Greetings from Green Hill Memorial

My Tuesday morning was chores -- folding laundry, cleaning a bathroom -- plus we went out to pick up a screen door someone nearby was freecycling (we have to figure out how to install it, but the cats will be so happy to have glass or screen to look out once we do). I also finished reading Railsea, which I enjoyed enormously; it's a steampunk tall ship tale except set on trains, the characters are enjoyable, the language is a less abstruse than usual for Mieville. 

My DS9 group watched both parts of time travel episode "Past Tense" -- one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen, and more relevant now than when it was made because of the things it uncannily predicted. The Orioles beat the Red Sox as it was finishing, so we watched the first episode of Star City, the interesting but violent For All Mankind spinoff, followed by an episode of Discovery. From the Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Green Hill Park last weekend: 

2026-05-31 13.28.16

2026-05-31 13.29.12

2026-05-31 13.21.30

2026-05-31 13.27.02

2026-05-31 13.24.50

2026-05-31 13.25.00

2026-05-31 13.29.28

No comments: