Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Poem for Tuesday and Valentine Lions

I Am Not Yours
By Sara Teasdale


I am not yours, not lost in you,
Not lost, although I long to be
Lost as a candle lit at noon,
Lost as a snowflake in the sea.

You love me, and I find you still
A spirit beautiful and bright,
Yet I am I, who long to be
Lost as a light is lost in light.

Oh plunge me deep in love, put out
My senses, leave me deaf and blind,
Swept by the tempest of your love,
A taper in a rushing wind.

--------

I had an awesome Valentine's Day. Dementordelta came over and we went to see The King's Speech, which we have been trying to do together for a month, but snow and work and flu and various other obstacles kept getting in our way! Then we picked up crepes, came home and watched A Single Man (whose ending we both agree is bullshit), Hope Springs (which is fluffy and definitely NOT feminist but entertaining), and a bunch of specials. She brought me some lovely presents, too.

For dinner Paul made hoppin' john, then chocolate fondue (with a bar of Melting Pot chocolate) for dessert. We exchanged cards -- my mother stopped by and we exchanged cards with her, too. Evening TV included David E. Kelley's fantasy legal profession on Harry's Law and Jon Stewart on democracy a la Willy Wonka. And Paul adopted a litter of lions from the National Zoo for us, meaning that we got four stuffed lion cubs, a glossy photo of one of the zoo's new real cubs, an adoption certificate, and a fact sheet about the lion conservation work at the zoo to which our money is going. Even Rosie approved!











No comments: