Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Poem for Wednesday, McCrillis Gardens, Snow White & the Huntsman

Magdalene
By Marie Howe

You know it was funny because he seemed so well the night before

I stayed over to meet a student before class

--sitting at the picnic table...already so hot so early.
I must have been looking for a pen or something

when I thought of the car keys and, rummaging through my bag,
couldn't find them and was up and walking across the grass when

I heard myself say, I feel as if I'm going to lose something today,
--and then I knew, and ran the rest of the way.

--------

Tuesday was yet again a gorgeous spring day -- the magnolias in our neighborhood are losing petals and the tulips and crab apples are coming into full flower, plus the woods is now turning green. I love this time of year. Unfortunately I had a bunch of work and laundry to do, but otherwise it was a very nice day, with Adam out late at a track meet and the cats ravenous for hours.

We had black bean enchiladas for dinner, then watched Snow White and the Huntsman, a movie with a spectacularly mediocre script, great costumes, uneven acting (Kristen Stewart isn't the problem, there are worse performances from bigger name actors) and terrible pacing. The Orioles won, the Nationals lost, Adam's school triumphed in the track meet. Some photos from McCrillis Gardens last weekend:
















No comments: