Monday, March 03, 2014

Placeholder for Closed-For-Snow Monday

I spent the day with Adam, Paul, and Cheryl, with whom I went downtown to the US Botanic Garden and the Heaven and Earth: Art of Byzantium from Greek Collections exhibit at the National Gallery of Art (we might have seen more, but the rain-turning-to-snow that we were told wouldn't arrive until evening showed up early and got us cold and wet).







Then we came home, watched Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithonian, and stuffed our faces while watching the Oscar fashion show and the awards ceremony. This year, I had seen most of the nominees, which always makes it more fun. Quick thoughts: I am so glad Her won Original Screenplay and Nyong'o won Best Supporting Actress, I was really rooting against Cate after her dozen "Woody Allen is so great for women" speeches but I liked her speech tonight, I feel badly for Steve McQueen but I think Cuaron is a genius, I was completely torn about whether McConaughay or Ejiofor should win Best Actor but wasn't going to be sorry either way, given how those two contests went I am really glad 12 Years a Slave won Best Picture, and the Frozen songwriters should write everyone else's speeches.

Good luck, everyone dealing with the East Coast snow -- including us! More tomorrow!

No comments: