Thursday, March 13, 2014

Poem for Thursday and More Seasonal Joy

Late, by myself
By Jalaluddin Rumi
Translated by Coleman Barks

Late, by myself, in the boat of myself,
no light and no land anywhere,
cloudcover thick. I try to stay
just above the surface,
yet I'm already under
and living with the ocean.

--------

We had another gorgeous day on Wednesday, though the temperature dropped in the evening and is plummeting now -- over 30 degrees in just a few hours. I did work in the morning, then went out to lunch with my neighbor Cybel, Adam's friend Daniel's mother, as well as her mother who heard that there might be sushi, though it turns out that during the mall renovations, the sushi place is closed! That was okay with me, since the Indian place has reopened, and afterward we had froyo with lots of toppings.

I went for a walk while it was still over 65 degrees in the afternoon, though it started to drizzle around 5 and really poured a couple of hours later. Ann led me to "Sherlock Reviews Musicals He Was Forced To Attend With His Parents", which not only made me howl but put me in the mood to listen to Mack & Mabel. After dinner we watched DS9, then The Americans, which remains the best super-stressful show on TV. Here are some more of our neighborhood's emerging flowers and bunnies:














No comments: