Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Poem for Wednesday and Boonesborough Days Stalls

It's all I have to bring today
By Emily Dickinson

It's all I have to bring today--
This, and my heart beside--
This, and my heart, and all the fields--
And all the meadows wide--
Be sure you count--should I forget
Some one the sum could tell--
This, and my heart, and all the Bees
Which in the Clover dwell.

--------

I had a bunch of busy work to get done Tuesday, but I also got to have lunch with Kay and do some shopping -- and see the geese and ducks in Washingtonian Lake -- so it was all good. We had Tara Thai and caught up on beginning-of-school-year stuff, then I stopped in Charming Charlie (all their beach-type jewelry is half price) and at Best Buy where I bought our evening entertainment.

That, of course, was Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which I still love -- not just Steve and Natasha and Sam and Bucky, but Marvel's version of Washington, DC and Robert Redford playing a riff off his usual so-charming-I-could-win-an-election persona. On Wednesday I get to see Adam briefly so he can get the pins out of his broken arm! Some of the craft stalls at Boonesborough Days on Sunday:














1 comment:

littlereview said...

Thank you! I love fall fairs but I am so not ready to lose the summer light.