Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Greetings from Montmartre

...where I have (and have had) no wi-fi even though that was the one thing I told my husband was my absolute requirement in a hotel, so it's going to be very short entries and no pics here for the rest of this trip. You can see my daily pics at my Instagram page. Apologies! Today with my friend Hélène we went to the beautiful Château de Chenonceau (Henri II, Catherine de Medici) and the magnificent Château de Chambord (Francois I, Leonardo da Vinci), with stops to see the exteriors of the Châteaus of Chaumont, Blois, and Menars. We also went to a place I have wanted to visit for many years, the Cathédrale Notre Dame de Chartres, to see the labyrinth, stained glass, and statues, and had a fantastic dinner at le café Serpente. On the way back to Paris we got to see the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe lit up for the night! I am very sorry that I will be a bad blogger till I get home but it can't be helped! Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No comments: